Improvement is possible
Holistic mind-body therapies can help support your body’s natural ability to recover. It is estimated that 80-90% of health conditions seen by GPs (General Practitioners, or Family Physicians) in primary care have strong links with past or present stress and trauma. True physical and emotional resilience is created when harmful effects of past difficult experiences on the mind and body are reduced.
Here are a few common examples of health conditions and situations, which either have stress or trauma as a root cause, or which create a lot of distress in people affected. Please contact me directly for advice, if your condition or circumstance is not listed.
Physical health conditions
- any acute or chronic physical health problem
- medication or treatment side effects
- depression, anxiety, insomnia
- acute and chronic stress, burn out
- addictions, eating disorders
- loss, grief and bereavement
- difficult memories
- survivors of any form of childhood abuse and stress, including bullying
- victims of any form of injustice, violence, aggression or crime
- victims of any form of discrimination, for example based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, race, age, physical impairment, or other
- survivors of armed conflicts, persecution and torture
- survivors of accidents and natural disasters
Issues around reproduction and birth
- complications during own birth, or when giving birth
- complications during own pregnancy, or when pregnant
- adoption (being adopted and adopting)
- miscarriage, stillbirth, loss of a child
- preparation for pregnancy and birth
Social, lifestyle and performance issues
- fears and phobias (for example public speaking, heights, flying, spiders, needles, surgery, medical interventions, etc.)
- self-sabotage, procrastination
- career, work
- exams and performance
- creativity and art
- healthy lifestyle including exercise, nutrition and weight loss
- relationships (partner, family, work, etc.)
Please note that in my capacity as a holistic practitioner I do not provide medical or psychological treatment or advice. Medical advice should be sought for any of the conditions stated above.
While the techniques I offer have produced remarkable results, they must still be considered to be in the experimental stage, so the public take complete responsibility for their use of them. Much research is being conducted to improve the evidence base for these therapies. Please have a look at the section on my website titled ‘Research Findings‘, which I endeavour to keep updated with the latest scientific evidence. Many thanks.